6 Easy ways to look after your GUT!
Good gut health is simply eating well and not eating a lot of 'showtime' foods. By this, we mean ultra-processed foods that have all sorts of bizarre ingredients in them and no longer resemble what they are made of. These are soft drinks, chocolates, store-bought cakes, biscuits, muesli bars and the list goes on.
Gut health has been underappreciated until recently and now it's 'sexy'.
That can be good and bad. It's good because there's more research into this area, but it's bad as everyone is making a new 'gut health' product with little knowledge of what constitutes good gut health. If you want help to sift through the misinformation out there go to our Get Informed page.
We want you to understand your own gut as it is different from everyone else's gut. Your gut community needs to be nurtured and nourished to provide you with the benefits it is capable of. It's all about what you eat and what you do with your life and your body. What works for one person may not work for another. Our Rewire UR Gut Program works for the majority of people who just don't feel right and need some way of getting back on track.
Here are 6 easy things you can do to look after your gut:
1. Get a variety of fresh, high fibre food in your diet. Your gut bugs love good food.
2. Eat fresh fermented foods and try making your own! You can't go wrong with the benefits of foods like this.
3. Have a large variety of colourful real foods in your diet (this does not include 'showtime' foods).
4. When was the last time you went outside and got a bit dirty? Put down the anti-bacterial wipes and get out there.
5. Look after your mental health. The link between your gut and your brain is indisputable so be kind to yourself to be kind to your gut bugs.
6. Stop dieting, please...........
If you would like a more personalised approach with ongoing support to reach your gut health goals, then check out our Gut Health Coaching option.